|Athletics Academic Coordinator-Director of Football Academics|
Company: Illinois State University
Location: Normal, IL
Employment Type: Full Time
Date Posted: 07/01/2022
Expire Date: 09/01/2022
Job Categories: Collegiate Faculty, Staff, Administration
Athletics Academic Coordinator-Director of Football Academics|
The Department of Athletics is committed to increasing the diversity of the campus community. ISU athletics recognizes that a diverse faculty, staff, and student body enriches the educational experiences of the entire campus and greater community. Candidates who have experience working with a diverse range of staff, and students, and who can contribute to the climate of inclusivity are especially welcomed to apply.
This position is responsible for enhancing and advancing the academic development and overall life skills of student-athletes representing their assigned sport(s). The Academic and Life Skills unit services 19 sports which equates to 450 student-athletes. This position collaborates regularly with department and campus entities, particularly the student-athletes' academic advisors and coaches while developing short- and long-term planning with their assigned student-athletes. It is expected that this position will regularly research new and innovative ways to enhance and contribute to the development of academic skills, transferrable life skills and holistic growth of the individual. This position will regularly operate in ambiguous situations with limited direction. As such, it is important to embody the vision, mission, and philosophy of Illinois State University, the Department of Intercollegiate Athletics and of the unit in combination with past experience and training to make effective and appropriate decisions that impact the development of student-athletes and their achievements. This position may be required to travel with their assigned team(s) on road trips for competitions and be accessible to the student-athletes, coaches and administrators during non-traditional working hours.
1. Master's Degree
2. Two (2) years of full-time professional level experience in Counseling, Education, Student-Athlete Development, or related field.
4. Extensive knowledge of NCAA (National Collegiate Athletics Association) Division I rules and regulations
5. Demonstrated ability to multitask and work independently while processing numerous case-by-case situations daily to make appropriate individualized decisions influencing the lives of student-athletes, including demonstrated evidence of success with academically at-risk student-athletes.
6. Significant understanding of the lives and challenges of student-athletes.
7. Ability to work with diverse student populations.
8. Demonstrated organizational skills, time management skills, communication skills and supervisory skills.
9. Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with campus faculty, administrators, staff, and coaches.
1. Master's Degree in Psychology, Sport Management, Counseling, Education, Communication, or a related field.
Core working hours are 8:00am to 4:30pm, Monday through Friday. Nights and weekends frequently required
Must be able to complete the following with or without a reasonable accommodation:
1. Remain at a workstation for extended periods
2. Move about in various locations across campus as needed to complete day-to-day work.
3. Effectively communicate on a daily basis.
Proposed Starting Date
Salary Rate / Pay Rate
Pay is commensurate with qualifications and experience, combined with an excellent benefits package
Required Applicant Documents
Transcripts - See Special Instructions to Applicants Section for additional options
PLEASE NOTE: These documents are required to be submitted online in order to complete the application process. Please have these documents ready prior to clicking on "Apply"
Company Name: Illinois State University