|Administrator – Chief Development & Communications Officer|
Company: SHORE UP! Inc.
Location: Salisbury, MD
Employment Type: Full Time
Date Posted: 12/08/2021
Expire Date: 02/08/2022
Job Categories: Advertising/Marketing/Public Relations
Administrator – Chief Development & Communications Officer|
The Chief Development and Communications Office serves as the clearinghouse for all internal and external communications, including grant proposals, policies, press releases, memos, brochures and more. The Chief Development and Communications Officer’s duties include:
• Developing, editing and managing grant proposals for existing programs.
• Seeking alternative funding sources for existing or potentially new programs.
• Managing and assisting in the preparation of local, state and federal reports for funders.
• Conducting a Community Needs Assessment every three years.
• Crafting the agency’s Strategic Plan every five years.
• Designing and writing SHORE UP!’s Annual Report, comprised of agency success stories, outcomes and initiatives.
• Creating a Development and Communications strategy for various programs.
• Writing, editing and managing varied agency policies and procedures.
• Creating innovative marketing initiatives to positively brand SHORE UP!
• Managing media relations, including, but not limited to, serving as the agency’s official spokesperson; writing and disseminating press releases to media outlets in all service areas; continuing a monthly tv show on PAC-14; and training agency staff on how to effectively conduct interviews when a subject-matter expert is needed.
• Effectively handling the management of any Public Relations crisis.
• Possessing the technological knowledge to administer SHORE UP!’s website and social media accounts (Facebook, LinkedIn and YouTube), and to establish new social media accounts. Potential candidates should also be able to write and design newsletters for employees and the general public.
• Coordinating all outreach events.
• Establishing a brand style guide.
The ideal candidate must have a Bachelor’s Degree in a related field (i.e. Public Policy, Public Administration, Rural Planning, Development, Communications, etc.), and a minimum of 7 years of related experience – ideally within a non-profit or human services organization.
• Experience in graphics design, preferably Adobe PhotoShop, Adobe Illustrator is preferred.
• Experience in web design is a plus.
• Superb written and oral communications skills; experience writing in the AP format preferred.
• Experience interpreting and analyzing data is needed.
• Proficient with various technological tools, including but not limited to, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Publisher, Zoom and Microsoft Teams.
Company Name: SHORE UP! Inc.