|Sr. Network Architect|
Company: University of Miami
Location: Miami, FL
Employment Type: Full Time
Date Posted: 10/12/2021
Expire Date: 01/22/2022
Job Categories: Architectural Services, Computers, Software, Construction, Mining and Trades, Education, Healthcare, Practitioner and Technician, Human Resources, Information Technology, Internet/E-Commerce, Law Enforcement, and Security, Collegiate Faculty, Staff, Administration, Research & Development, Web Technology
Sr. Network Architect|
If you are a current Staff, Faculty or Temporary employee at the University of Miami, please click here to log in to Workday to use the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a faculty or staff position using the Career worklet, please review this tip sheet.
The University of Miami is among the top research universities and academic medical centers in the nation, and one of the largest private employers in South Florida.
With more than 16,000 faculty and staff, the University strives for excellence, and is driven by a powerful mission to transform and impact the lives of its students, patients, members of the community, and people across the globe.
The University is committed to fostering a culture of belonging, where everyone feels valued and has the opportunity to add value. Through values of Diversity, Integrity, Responsibility, Excellence, Compassion, Creativity, and Teamwork (DIRECCT) the U community works together to create an environment driven by purpose, excellence, community, and service.
The Information Technology Department has an exciting opportunity for a full-time Senior Network Architect to work in Miami, FL.
The Senior Network Architect oversees the design and implementation of computer networks, including local area networks (LANs), wide area networks (WANs), internet, intranet, and other data communications systems. Moreover, this employee creates, tests, and evaluates networks.
Core Job Function
1. Provides high-quality, reliable, and appropriate networking technology solutions for the University.
2. Supports the LAN/WAN network implementation team by reviewing network designs for adherence to network standards.
3. Works closely with information technology leaders to properly design and support relevant systems.
4. Prevents and coordinates responses to security incidents.
5. Identifies, tests, develops, and implements new technologies.
6. Develops, designs, and implements a plan for the ongoing enhancement of campus-wide computer networks and a strategy for meeting the University's data communication needs into the future.
7. Writes documentation and educational literature on how to use network and computing resources.
8. Manages all technical aspects of networking design and implementation.
9. Provides leadership for the development of highly appropriate, tightly integrated, consistently available, secure, flexible, and fault-tolerant systems.
10. Monitors the development of new standards with TCP/IP and other networking technologies, with attention to the impact on the networking environment.
11. Acts as a consultant to other departments regarding network design and support.
12. Maintains and enhances the University's connections to regional, national, and international networks and off-campus computing resources.
13. Assists and advises the staff directly in their use of networking and other computing resources.
14. Adheres to University and unit-level policies and procedures and safeguards University assets.
Knowledge, Skills and Attitudes:
* Skill in collecting, organizing, and analyzing data.
* Ability to recognize, analyze, and solve a variety of problems.
* Ability to exercise sound judgment in making critical decisions.
Job Status:Full time