|Director of LGBT Services|
Company: University of California, Santa Barbara
Location: Santa Barbara, CA
Employment Type: Full Time
Date Posted: 09/16/2021
Expire Date: 11/16/2021
Job Categories: Education
Director of LGBT Services |
Director of LGBT Services
University of California, Santa Barbara
Department Code-Name: LGBT
FLSA Exemption Status: Exempt
Work Location: Student Resource Building
Benefits Eligibility: Full
Brief Summary of Job Duties
The Director of LGBT Resources oversees all components of the Resource Center for Sexual and Gender Diversity and LGBT Services. Establishes departmental goals and objectives, assesses campus needs and oversees the development of services to best meet those needs. Manages personnel, budgets, resources and programs in line with organizational goals and objectives. Increases campus awareness of LGBTQIA+ (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer, Intersex, and Ally) issues to create a more inclusive climate for the community. Serves as an advocate, leader, and University spokesperson for all campus-wide LGBTQIA+ issues related to students, staff, and faculty.
Must possess broad knowledge of University policies and procedures; has a strong theoretical and philosophical foundation in student affairs; and experience and knowledge strategically developing and leading an organization.
Pay Rate/Range: $68,000 - $75,000 (Salary commensurate with experience)
Days/Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:00 am - 5:00 pm, some evenings and weekends are required
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Application Review begins 09/28/21
Apply online at https://jobs.ucsb.edu
Job # 23143
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent in a related field, such as Education, Cultural or Ethnic Studies, Sociology, or Feminist Studies.
• 5+ years of experience working in a campus resource center or equivalent with demonstrated experience supporting LGBTQIA+ students, staff, faculty, and/or community members.
• 3+ years of supervisory experience.
• Advanced knowledge of advising and counseling techniques, with a focus on LGBTQIA+ communities.
• Skills in monitoring/assessing people, processes, or services to make improvements.
• Skills in project management, social perceptiveness to be aware of others' reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
• Ability in problem identification, reasoning.
• Ability to develop original ideas to solve problems, persuade others, and lead.
• Demonstrated understanding of, commitment to, and skill in fostering an equitable and inclusive campus -community for all students, staff, and faculty.
• Knowledge of and experience with balancing the roles of advocate for students and campus administrator.
• Understand UCSB's commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion; familiar with campus' important Department of Education designations as a Hispanic Serving Institution (HSI) and as an Asian American Native American Pacific Islander-Serving Institution (AANAPISI); and work to advance our goals of access, equity, and inclusion for all students, staff, and faculty in all aspects of campus life.
• Master's degree or equivalent in a related field, such as Education, Cultural or Ethnic Studies, Sociology, or Feminist Studies.
Special Conditions of Employment
• Mandated reporting requirements of Child Abuse
• UCSB Campus Security Authority under Clery Act
• Satisfactory conviction history background check.
• UCSB is a Tobacco-Free environment.
Company Name: University of California, Santa Barbara