|Commissioner of Housing Advocacy & Community Development|
Company: Lexington Fayette Urban County Government
Location: Lexington, KY
Employment Type: Full Time
Date Posted: 06/24/2021
Expire Date: 08/24/2021
Job Categories: Government and Policy
Commissioner of Housing Advocacy & Community Development|
The purpose of this classification is to develop and implement strategies to build strong and equitable neighborhoods, provide needed guidance and assistance, and ensure sustainable growth and development to improve the quality of life for Lexington residents. The Department of Housing Advocacy and Community Development uses federal, state and local funding to provide a variety of public services to our community.
This classification formulates long-range goals for the organization, develops policy and position papers, and negotiates with others.
This position is an unclassified civil service position.
• Researches complex issues related to housing and community development
• Connects with residents and communities/neighborhoods to understand local needs
• Interprets and analyzes impacts of legislation (local, state, federal) and regulations
• Develops policy and strategy; sets and implements Department priorities
• Practices fiscal management through developing, proposing and administering annual
• Negotiates and communicates with senior leadership and elected officials
Bachelor's degree in social work, human services, community development, political science, housing administration, public administration or a related field; and, a minimum of eight (8) years of experience; or, an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
Contact Name: Human Resources
Company Name: Lexington Fayette Urban County Government
Phone Number: 859-258-3030
Contact Email: email@example.com
The Lexington-Fayette Urban County Government is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer, and as such is committed to nondiscrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation or gender identity in hiring, promotion, discharge, pay and other aspects of employment.