|Assistant Women's Gymnastics Coach|
Company: University of Iowa-Athletics
Location: Iowa City, IA
Employment Type: Full Time
Date Posted: 06/21/2021
Expire Date: 08/21/2021
Job Categories: Sports and Recreation
Assistant Women's Gymnastics Coach|
The University of Iowa Department of Athletics seeks a self-motivated, results-oriented individual with the knowledge, ability and interpersonal skills required to serve as Assistant Women’s Gymnastics Coach. This is a 100% full-time (at-will and FLSA exempt) position with full University of Iowa benefits; salary is commensurate with education and experience and relevant salary market data.
Responsibilities: The successful candidate will assist in the coaching and administration of a Division I women’s intercollegiate gymnastics program on several levels; must possess the ability to plan, spot and conduct daily workouts on all four disciplines; identify talent and engage in on/off campus recruiting as well as all other aspects of the recruiting process as permitted by NCAA rules; perform other duties as assigned by head coach.
The University of Iowa is an NCAA Division I Power Five institution and a member of the Big Ten Conference. The Department of Athletics manages 21 varsity sports programs and related events with a workforce of approximately 215 regular employees and 450 temporary employees. Athletics is a people-centric organization that operates under a “Win. Graduate. Do It Right.” philosophy.
Benefits Highlights: Excellent fringe benefit package including paid vacation and sick leave; health, dental, life and disability insurance options; and generous employer contributions into retirement plans. The University of Iowa is a nationally ranked research university with 30,000 students located in Iowa City. A vibrant community boasting excellent public schools, safe, comfortable neighborhoods, affordable housing, a highly educated population, and numerous cultural, recreational and sporting opportunities and events contribute to the Iowa City area frequently appearing high on the best-places-to-live listings. Go to “Working at Iowa” to learn more.
• Bachelor’s degree (or international equivalent) is required.
• Minimum of 3 years of experience coaching women’s gymnastics at the NCAA or Level 10/Elite level
• Ability to work constructively and collaboratively in a diverse environment, demonstrating strong interpersonal skills and ability to build trusting relationships
• Excellent oral and written communication skills as demonstrated through public speaking engagements, clinician experience, and/or use of effective and creative training/coaching techniques
• Extensive knowledge of and the ability to
o effectively teach the techniques of all four events
o safely and effectively spot student-athletes on all four events
o Operate effectively within a highly regulated team environment
• A valid U.S. driving license and the ability to meet and maintain University of Iowa Driving Policy standards.
• Basic knowledge and understanding of the professionalism and intensity necessary to successfully contribute to a Division I athletics program.
• Coaching and/or competitive experience at the NCAA championship level (e.g., Junior Olympic National Championships or USA National Championships)
• Possess up-to-date knowledge of the International Gymnastics Federation (FIG) rules for accurate routine construction.
• Demonstrated experience in successfully identifying and recruiting elite-level female student-athletes within the sport of gymnastics is highly preferred.
Visit our website at https://jobs.uiowa.edu and search for keywords “Assistant Coach”. Job openings are posted for a minimum of 14 calendar days and may be removed from posting and filled any time after the original posting period has ended. Applicants must upload a resume and cover letter and mark them as a “Relevant File” to the submission. Only applications submitted at https://jobs.uiowa.edu will be accepted. The successful candidates will be subject to a credential and criminal background check, as well as a review of their driving record. Five professional references will be required at a later step in the recruitment process. For questions or additional information, please contact Lori Neu at firstname.lastname@example.org.
As a part of the University of Iowa’s review of job applications and consistent with its policies and practices, the University may access and/or view information about applicants that is job-related and publicly available on the internet, including but not limited to information on social media sites. The access, viewing and/or use of such information is governed by the University’s Policy on Human Rights, as well as state and federal law.
Company Name: University of Iowa-Athletics
Contact Email: email@example.com
The University of Iowa is a Big Ten, nationally ranked research university with 30,000 students located in Iowa City. A vibrant community boasting excellent public schools, safe, comfortable neighborhoods, affordable housing, a highly educated population, and numerous cultural, recreational and sporting opportunities and events contribute to the Iowa City area frequently appearing high on the best-places-to-live listings. Go to https://jobs.uiowa.edu/working-at-iowa to learn more. The University of Iowa is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment free from discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, pregnancy, disability, genetic information, status as a U.S. veteran, service in the U.S. military, sexual orientation, gender identity, associational preferences, or any other classification that deprives the person of consideration as an individual.