|Analyst - Economic Competitiveness|
Company: Virginia Economic Development Partnership
Location: Richmond, VA
Employment Type: Full Time
Date Posted: 06/16/2021
Expire Date: 08/16/2021
Job Categories: Government and Policy
Analyst - Economic Competitiveness|
Virginia Economic Development Partnership (VEDP) is seeking an Analyst to provide timely, thoughtful research and analyses of Virginia’s economic competitiveness. In addition, the Analyst will provide project management support for internal and external projects as they arise. The Analyst will work primarily on data compilation and analysis in Excel, analysis of relevant reports, economic modeling, and presentation development. The Economic Competitiveness Division offers the opportunity to lead projects across all areas of economic development while providing frequent and in-depth thought partnership and engagement with the organization’s senior leadership.
VEDP was created by the Virginia General Assembly in 1995 to encourage, stimulate and support development and expansion of the Commonwealth’s economy. Like the special Commonwealth that it serves, VEDP has long been regarded as among the best in the country.
• Support the efforts of identifying opportunities to improve Virginia’s economic competitiveness
• Extract, compile, and analyze economic data from multiple sources to provide analytic support for select public policy and programmatic initiatives
• Assist in identifying strategies for making Virginia competitive for key, high-impact industries and projects
• Assist in identifying strategies to fully capitalize on key regional economic development assets throughout the Commonwealth
• Support the development of VEDP’s operational and strategic planning efforts
• Support discrete projects and workstreams, as needed
• Excellent attention to detail, as written work will often be carefully scrutinized and relied upon by outside entities
• Excellent computer proficiency, particularly with spreadsheet (Excel) and presentation (PowerPoint) development
• Excellent strategic analysis and problem solving skills
• Excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills
• Ability to multitask
• Ability to work under time pressure
• Ability to use databases (selecting, retrieving, and analyzing data)
• A bachelor’s degree in social science (economics, public policy, or political science), mathematics, data analytics, business, or a related field
• Experience in quantitative analysis and applying quantitative skills to solving problems
• The ideal candidate will also have developed and demonstrated leadership experience on campus and in the community, along with a high degree of intellectual curiosity and a self-starter mentality with the ability to learn new topics and concepts quickly
• A background rooted in quantitative analysis and experience (e.g., internships, academic projects) applying quantitative skills to solving problems is preferred
All candidates must apply through our website: https://www.vedp.org/about-vedp
A cover letter is required. Candidates with disabilities are encouraged to apply. A valid Virginia driver’s license is required. Application deadline: June 25, 2021.
VEDP is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, age, veteran status, political affiliation, genetics, or against otherwise qualified individuals with disabilities. It is VEDP’s intent that its employment and personnel policies and practices conform to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations regarding non-discrimination and affirmative action. Applicants requiring more information or requiring assistance may contact VEDP Human Resources at 1-804-545-5634 or email@example.com. TDD 1-800-828-1120.
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Virginia Economic Development Partnership (VEDP) was created by the Virginia General Assembly in 1995 to encourage, stimulate, and support development and expansion of the Commonwealth’s economy. To accomplish these objectives, the Partnership focuses on business recruitment, expansion, and international trade. VEDP has offices in Virginia, Germany, Japan, and South Korea.