Location: Phoenix, AZ
Employment Type: Full Time
Date Posted: 05/04/2021
Expire Date: 07/04/2021
Job Categories: Advertising/Marketing/Public Relations
Under the direction of the VP Pricing, the Data Analyst will work closely and collaboratively with the Horizon team, Purchasing, Accounting, and Marketing Teams. He/She will work with transactional and non-transactional data of the company to provide consistent and actionable information pertaining to the costs and pricing of Horizon products. The Data Analyst will also cross-train with the Pricing Analyst responsible for the Leslie’s brick and mortar stores to build bench strength. The Data Analyst will be focused on but not limited to the following:
Role and Responsibilities:
(1) Work with Horizon team and CDs to help lower cost of product acquisition
(2) Monitor Horizon Vendor cost
(3) Create insight into gross margin for Horizon management (including Low margin SKU and Margin leakage reports)
(4) Monitor pricing relative to other distributors (Cinderella, Baystate, FWP etc)
(5) Maintain product costs and prices
(6) Report on vendor rebates
(7) Ad-hoc analyses
(8) Supports special projects and process improvement initiatives as subject matter expert
(9) Assists with data management in host system as required
(10) Partners cross-functionally to ensure seamless communication and execution of all pricing activity
(11) Collaborates with key business partners to improve processes and communication which include monitoring pricing lock down dates, approving Price Change Request forms, partnering with stores to resolve pricing related issues, execution, and system enhancements
(1) Efficiency – Able to produce significant output with minimal wasted effort or supervision.
(2) Intelligence – Learns quickly, demonstrates ability to quickly and proficiently understand and absorb new information.
(3) Analytical skills – Able to structure and process qualitative and quantitative data and draw insightful conclusions from it.
(4) Attention to detail – Does not let important details slip through the cracks or derail a project.
(5) Creativity/innovation – Generates new and innovative approaches to problems.
(6) Positive attitude/enthusiasm – Exhibits passion and excitement over work. Has a can do attitude.
(7) Work ethic – Possesses a strong willingness to work hard and long hours to get the job done. Has a track record of working hard.
(8) Communication – Speaks and writes clearly, articulately and diplomatically without being overly verbose or talkative.
(9) Teamwork – Reaches out to, and responds to, appropriate Company and Corporate Team Members to establish an overall collaborative working relationship.
(10) Flexibility/adaptability – Adjusts quickly to changing priorities. Copes effectively with complexity and change.
(1) A bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, or a business related field, including but not limited to Business Administration, Business Analytics or Information Management.
(2) 1-3 year experience. Prefer pricing experience in a corporate retail environment.
(3) High Computer Proficiency (Access, Excel, Word) and experience with enterprise / POS systems
(4) Strong interpersonal / communication skills required to work cross functionally with multiple business areas
(5) Exceptional attention to detail and time management skills – ability to manage multiple detailed projects
(6) High proficiency in analytics and problem solving
(7) Must be able to adapt quickly to new computer programs
(8) Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills
(9) Highly desired are familiarity/working knowledge with SQL and Python
(10) Proficient with data and financial modeling and forecasting
Contact Name: Please email: email@example.com
Phone Number: 480-213-3093
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Website: Learn more about Leslie at LPM Jobs...
We have over 900 stores in 35 states. We provide products pool products to consumers. We service residential and commercial accounts. Our corporate office is located in Phoenix, AZ. Leslieˇ¦s is committed to infusing diversity into the workplace and providing opportunity to our military veterans and their families. Having a diverse and experienced team fuels innovation and creativity. We promote an expansive environment that supports differing perspectives, thoughts, ideas, cultures, and ways of life. Leslieˇ¦s is an equal opportunity employer. Stop treading water, your career is here!!
Please visit our employer showcase!