|Senior Director, More Than a Meal Programming|
Company: Meals on Wheels America
Location: Arlington, VA
Employment Type: Full Time
Date Posted: 04/09/2021
Expire Date: 06/09/2021
Job Categories: Nonprofit and Volunteer Services
Senior Director, More Than a Meal Programming|
The Senior Director, More Than a Meal Program, leads the development and implementation of the Meals on Wheels America More Than A Meal program as well as the strategy to drive adoption of More Than a Meal basic and enhanced services/programming by local Member programs to effectively serve seniors experiencing hunger and isolation. In this role, the Senior Director is responsible for developing and shepherding an organization-wide, comprehensive change management strategy with the goal of enabling and supporting Member programs in their efforts to deliver on the basic set of More Than a Meal service model. The Senior Director is also responsible for creating the overarching framework and consistent approach to program design/development as well as assisting with the design, testing and development of turnkey, scalable programmatic resources aimed at offering enhanced services, particularly in the areas of nutrition and socialization. The Senior Director leads the development of detailed work plans and timelines to achieve the goals and objectives of our More Than A Meal strategy, modifying plans as needed, communicating to others their responsibilities regarding achieving work plan timelines and deliverables, and monitoring work plan progress. The Senior Director will represent the Meals on Wheels America as a thought leader in the aging community to raise awareness of the More Than A Meal service model and the value it offers to seniors struggling with hunger and isolation.
KEY ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Leads the design and development of the More Than A Meal program.
2. Leads design and implementation of the change management strategy (both internal and external) and workplan
aimed at advancing More Than A Meal service model.
3. Develops and monitors the More Than A Meal adoption pipeline and reports on progress.
4. Engages colleagues across the Association to carry out More Than A Meal plan requirements.
5. Builds strong working relationships with Member programs; provides support and technical assistance in the
6. Develops the framework and consistent style for Meals on Wheels Americaís portfolio of programs and
7. Partners with the Senior Directors for Nutrition and Socialization to support design, testing and deployment of
effective, scalable programs that enable Members to offer basic and enhanced programs/services.
8. Assists in the design, development, and delivery of training and knowledge transfer activities.
9. Embeds Race, Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion (REDI) principles into the design and development of Meals on
Wheels Americaís portfolio of programs and resources.
10. Leads design and execution of Strategy and Impact projects that advance our strategic priorities, ensuring that
projects are well-executed and objectives are achieved.
11. Supports development of the Associationís long-term and annual strategic and operational plans.
12. Develops relationships with external stakeholders and thought leaders in the aging field to communicate and
promote the More Than A Meal service model.
13. Seeks out speaking and related opportunities to position Meals on Wheels America as a thought leader.
14. Produces content for external audiences.
15. Writes progress reports, final reports or other documents as required by Association executives, funding
organizations, including government agencies, private foundations and other funders.
16. Participates on project teams, providing advice, counsel and support to ensure successful accomplishment of
17. Collaborates with the Development Team to build compelling opportunities for funding prospects.
18. Stays current on relevant subject matter.
19. Identifies, contracts and manages external vendors.
20. Maintains strong working relationships with external partners, including funders, serving as the external face of
Meals on Wheels America.
1. Bachelorís degree plus 5 to 7 years of experience in leading and managing national projects, or Masterís degree
plus 3 to 5 years of experience, or other comparable combination of education and experience.
2. Experience in the fields of aging and/or health fields strongly preferred.
3. Strong strategic thinking skills and ability to translate strategy into actionable plans.
4. Experience in applying change management principles and strategies.
5. Experience in program design and development.
6. Experience in developing organizational strategic and operational plans.
7. Experience with community-based programs preferred; experience with senior nutrition programs highly desirable.
8. Proactive problem solver -- leveraging creativity, innovation, and good judgment.
9. Strong writing skills with ability to produce high quality content for key stakeholder audiences.
10. Public speaking experience including before large audiences.
11. Able to effectively present information in one-on-one and group situations to Meals on Wheels Americaís
partners, potential partners, and staff
12. Able to handle multiple initiatives simultaneously in a timely and high-quality manner.
13. Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy; ownership and accountability for work.
14. Expertise in use of Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint), plus knowledge of basic
office and communication equipment.
15. Excels in a team-based, collaborative environment working across the enterprise to advance the organizationís
mission, values and goals.
Company Name: Meals on Wheels America
Meals on Wheels America is the leadership organization supporting the more than 5,000 community-based programs across the country that are dedicated to addressing senior isolation and hunger. This network serves virtually every community in America and, along with more than two million staff and volunteers, delivers the nutritious meals, friendly visits and safety checks that enable Americaís seniors to live nourished lives with independence and dignity. By providing funding, leadership, education, research and advocacy support, Meals on Wheels America empowers its local member programs to strengthen their communities, one senior at a time.