|Brand Creative Director|
Company: Intrepid Sea, Air & Space Museum
Location: New York, NY
Employment Type: Full Time
Date Posted: 05/05/2021
Expire Date: 07/05/2021
Job Categories: Nonprofit and Volunteer Services
Brand Creative Director|
The Intrepid Museum is seeking a Brand Creative Director to serve as the organization’s brand steward. The Director will be responsible for all elements of the brand experience across all touchpoints, ensuring brand consistency, while tapping into innovation and experimentation, with the objective of establishing a strong emotional connection between visitors and the brand. A key component of this role is steering all parts of a design process centered around the visitor (i.e., ideation, proof of concept, build, pilot, and deploy). The Brand Creative Director will collaborate with cross-functional project teams to design new concepts and refine existing features to increase engagement and enhance the overall guest experience.
We’re looking for a Brand Creative Director who has intimate knowledge of industry best practices, a strong digital and traditional background and the ability to quickly identify, address and incorporate emerging trends into strategic development, while demonstrating the ability to proactively overcome challenges and obstacles. The ideal candidate is an experienced project manager who is able to clearly and effectively communicate with, motivate, mentor and inspire a diverse creative team. The Brand Creative Director will be an effective team leader with an ability to comfortably present comprehensive concepts to leadership and decision makers.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Brand Experience Design
• Drives the direction and development of the Museum’s creative strategy and execution with internal creatives, agencies, and production partners
• Responsible for maintaining the integrity of the brand by ensuring that appropriate brand standards are established and monitored
• Serves as brand advocate to lobby for what is right for the brand
• Responsible for ensuring strong growth of the brand by delivering an efficient and effective operating model
• Uses market research and consumer insights to influence experience design, product development, and brand initiatives
• Partners with key internal and external stakeholders to ensure effective execution of the brand's growth and development plans
• Drives the organizational alignment and accountability for successful outcomes of brand initiatives with the market, and other functional areas; ensures strategies address relevant stakeholder needs and competitive environment; executes accordingly.
• Develops robust creative strategies that inform all of our marketing output – paid advertising, digital experiences, social programs, public and media relations, partnerships, original content, and more
• Assists with the media plan development and manages the placement of the Museum’s overall advertising budgets
• Leverages content marketing opportunities and develop requirements for digital media assets, including strategy alignment and measuring/tracking effectiveness
• In partnership with division teams and the VP Marketing, articulates and shares a powerful creative vision for the Museum’s future as a way to inspire our communications and sharpen our visitors’ experiences with us
• Partners with technology, product, and marketing counterparts, balancing input and strategy to deliver exceptional experiences for our users
• Assists with copy writing for a variety of executions
Hiring, Developing, Managing and Inspiring the Team
• Hires, develops, and retains a diverse team with appropriate mix of talent and skills to drive innovation and performance which creates a strong, positive impact on the brand and company
• Creates a team environment that encourages creativity, innovation, accountability, and high standards
• Sets clear organizational goals and expectations for direct reports using the performance review process and holds team members accountable for performance
• Continuously improves team and job structures and ensures clear leadership accountabilities are in place
• Clearly and effectively communicates with, motivates, mentors and inspires a diverse team.
Performs other duties as required by management
Please submit a digital portfolio with resume submissions.
BFA or BA in related field, Graduate degree in Media or Design preferred with 10+ years of experience leading design teams with a variety of crafts (visual, interaction/IA, UI/UX, writing, branding, research) at consumer-focused companies or agencies. Experience leading a diverse team to develop aspirational and relevant branding. You think strategically and holistically about brand experience. You are a proven innovator who thrives on delivering elegant and succinct creative solutions to complex briefs. You’re a fantastic communicator – a story teller at heart. You have the communication skills to help your team work cross-functionally with business stakeholders. Strong conceptual thinker with a strong ability to simply and powerfully communicate ideas through writing and/or visuals. Proven ability to work with senior leadership (C-level, board of trustees) to pitch ideas and build consensus. Experience communicating the value of creative problem solving methods, design processes, and storytelling models to a wide range of audiences to encourage the best utilization of creative teams across all levels of project planning. Experience working with brands from market sectors related to Intrepid Museum is ideal (Museums/cultural, destinations/attractions, tourism and hospitality, non-profit, retail, etc.). Experience developing and implementing media and advertising plans. Highly motivated and driven, with a passion for creating unique brand experiences online and offline. Ability to multitask, juggle multiple projects with varying timelines and work within a fast-paced environment
Company Name: Intrepid Sea, Air & Space Museum
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Intrepid Sea, Air & Space Museum is a non-profit, educational institution featuring the legendary aircraft carrier Intrepid, the space shuttle Enterprise, the world¡¦s fastest jets and a guided missile submarine. Opened in 1982, the Museum, anchored aboard the former USS Intrepid, a National Historic Landmark, has welcomed more than 2 million visitors since 2012. The Mission of the Intrepid Museum is to promote the awareness and understanding of history, science and service through its collections, exhibitions and programming, in order to honor our heroes, educate the public and inspire our youth.