Job Title: Administrative Assistant, Department of Musical Studies
Azusa, CA United States
Administrative Assistant, Department of Musical Studies
Azusa Pacific University is a comprehensive, evangelical, Christian university located 26 miles northeast of Los Angeles, California. A leader in the Council for Christian Colleges & Universities, APU is committed to excellence in higher education. Offering over 80 bachelors, masters and doctoral programs on campus, online, and at seven regional centers across Southern California, APU has been recognized as one of U.S.News & World Report's Best Colleges for seven years running. The university provides outstanding opportunities for staff in advancement, professional growth, and Christian ministry. APU seeks staff who model excellence in their discipline and have a clear and compelling understanding of their faith and Christian commitment.
For staff positions, please apply directly at: http://apustaffjobs.silkroad.com
The Administrative Assistant reports to and supports the Chair of Musical Studies in facilitating the day-to-day operations in the department. The person serves as a representative of the Musical Studies Department of Azusa Pacific University, creating a welcoming and professional environment for faculty and students in the department. S/he provides administrative services to the to the full-time faculty, other staff, and adjunct faculty. The Administrative Assistant also communicates and coordinates the department programs, records, and events with other University offices under the direction of the department chair.
* Bachelorís degree preferred
* Three years administrative experience in a business or educational setting preferred.
Primary Duties/Essential Functions
* Assists the Chair of the Department of Musical Studies by coordinating the chair and departmental calendar.
* Assist Chair with enrollment management, scheduling of classes, surveys and data gathering.
* Assist Chair with projects including recruitment, advertising, advising, and student worker management.
* Assist in the hosting of guests and occasional event coordination.
* Coordinating with the College Office on details related to contract processing, purchase orders, credit card statements, and expense reimbursements.
* Communicate regularly with offices such as the Office of Admissions, Office of the Registrar, Office of the Provost, etc., as needed to carry out duties assigned by the chair.
* Welcome visitors and engage with students within the Musical Studies Department. Respond to phone, general office email, and in-person inquiries providing general information and referring inquiries to appropriate sources based on School of Music priorities, procedures, protocols and staff.
* Maintain student files for majors and minors within the Musical Studies Department music degree programs.
* Coordinate updates of websites, and university catalog.
* Process department printing orders, facility work orders, and warehouse work orders.
* Maintain day to day office operations, including ordering and maintenance of office supplies.
* Be responsible for daily electronic timekeeping as it applies to the scope of this position.
* Practice regular, punctual attendance as required by the supervisor based on department needs.
* Perform other administrative support duties assigned by the department chair.
Azusa Pacific University is a Christ-centered, multicultural community that values and seeks faculty and staff who are committed to diversity, work effectively with diverse populations, and engage others in ways that honor our rich cultural mosaic and biblical foundation.
Click below to discover some of the many benefits APU employees enjoy including competitive health care options, an 8% retirement match, and a generous tuition discount.
You can learn more about APU by watching the stories of faculty, staff, and alumni as they carry out our mission here: http://www.apu.edu/stories/
Azusa Pacific University will conduct a background check on all final candidates.
Review of applications will begin immediately, and the position will remain open until filled unless otherwise stated. Azusa Pacific University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.